Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Salmon with Garlic and Basil (Salmone con Aglio e Basilico)

Dear Amici,

Here is the entree that I prepared over the weekend . . . I will post the recipe after I get home from teaching. First things first!

Salmone con Aglio e Basilico

1/2 whole salmon cut into serving sizes

or

4 boneless salmon filets

Place the salmon in a oven-proof baking dish.

Mix the following in a small bowl and then brush all over the salmon:

2 Tbsp. Olive Oil

2 Tbsp. Butter (or use 4 Tbsp. Olive Oil alone, we add butter for fish)

2 Tbsp. Lemon juice (fresh squeezed is best)

1 tsp. chopped Basil (you can also use Thyme)

2 large cloves of garlic, finely chopped

Salt and pepper to desired taste level.

Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes . . . I also broil it for a few minutes to get a nice caramel color such as you see in the photo.

OR GRILL the salmon to preferred doneness (which will color the salmon from the grill flames).

* * * * * * * * * *

Serve with vegetables of choice.

I used sweet peas which give a nice balance to the lemon on the fish....if there is more garlic/olive oil/butter mixture left after brushing the salmon, it is very nice added to the peas or your vegetable of choice. A green vegetable looks very complimentary to the salmon.

I also used baked potatoes sliced and buttered with garlic butter.

Serve with a nice Pinot Grigio.

* * * * * * * * * * *

This is the recipe that I have decided to bring to the Festa Italiana on the "Proud Italian Cook" and/ or "Finding La Dolce Vita" blogs of my new foodie friends . . . here is their event badge shown below. For more information log on to their blogs for February 23rd, 2009 which provide more details.

http://prouditaliancook.blogspot.com/

http://findingladolcevita.blogspot.com/

Amore' e' Buon Appetito!
.
~ bella

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Pin It

12 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining our festa, Bella!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maryann, I am so excited about this event; what a wonderful idea and I thank you for invitation and warm welcome. Grazie, Roz (Bella)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bella, Salmon and basil, a perfect combination! This will be a great addition for our festa table! Thanks so much for joining us!
    xox, Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marie,

    My thanks to both of YOU for this great cooking event that is bringing together so many nice folks around the globe. I can't wait to read about all the recipes!

    Roz XOXO back at ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just saw your salmon recipe at the Italian fiesta. Salmon is one of our all time favorites and your recipe with the basil sounds really good. The fiesta was a fun event and I hope to attend next year too.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sam,

    I agree, salmon is such a wonderful fish and so good for us too. I hope that you try, it is very simple, and of course you can adjust the seasonings to how you like them. It's a snap to make. I enjoy your Carolina kitchen blog too. Are you North or South Carolina?

    Roz (aka Bella)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love salmon and buy it all the time! It's such a healthy food and your recipe is quick and easy --thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pat, I completely agree with you about salmon. It is just such a 'melt in your mouth' flavored fish. Gosh, I would love to have some right now! I also just read a comment by Mario Batali on the Italian way with preparing fish: as simple as possible with olive oil and herbs only.

    Enjoy and have a lovely day! Roz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds delicious! I liked!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Talita,

    Hi and welcome! I'm glad that you enjoyed. If you do decide to make this, let me know what you think and if you made any personal preference adjustments!

    Buon Appetito!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm making this tomorrow. I think I'll try to shoot it, but I don't think it will be as pretty as your picture!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Dazy, It's been a few days and I was wondering how everything went with making this recipe. I hope everything went well and you enjoyed it. Buon Appetito!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy each of your comments and reply to each, both here and on your blog directly! I hope you visit again! Grazie!