Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Seasonal Saturday & Fresh, Clean and Pure Friday

.
OK, it's the official week before the day of sharing our love with that special someone in our lives, or even with loving our own selves (which we should be doing each and every moment of every day).  Yes, I know that I could join the cynics and tarnish this time by saying, that 'it's all marketing' (that's what I teach by the way, so I know what's going on).  But what the heck, it's fun, it's romantic, and it breaks up a month of freezing temperatures in the Northern Hemisphere.  
.
For those of us who aren't into winter sports (ie: snow skiing, ice skating, sledding, etc.), other then watching them and living vicariously on The Winter Olympics . . . Valentine's Day is a welcome heart-warming holiday!   And you don't even have to buy a Hallmark card to enjoy the day!  Besides, nothing says love more than something that is freshly made from one's own hands and from the gifts of the season.
.
Click on "read More" beneath my signature below to read all of the shared posts.




Yes, I do get into Valentine's Day,  I admit it!  I love the chocolate, I "ooh and ahh" over a fresh new bottle of perfume, I love the special kisses and the 'amore' . . . oh yes, I do love the simple reminders of love and romance.  Not only from the receiving of love, but also from demonstrating and showing the love that I have for others in my life ~ ~ especially through my joy in the kitchen!  What a selfless gift to give to others!  That may be the Italian in me, but we ALL love to experience someone's love for us, no matter what our background is.
.
Plus I welcome this break in the monotony of winter, which is a season that I least enjoy because I'm cooped up inside and anxious to get outside to dig in my gardens.  Oh, I suppose that I should use this time to 'go within' and reflect . . . but I've been there - done that and just want to enjoy the here and now.  Yes, love is not plastic, love is not a date on the calendar, but what's wrong with a reminder to love more?  Nothing is wrong with that in my book when that expression of love is authentic!
.
So let's get on with sharing the love, baby!   What are you doing right now to celebrate this season in a fresh, new way?  Do you have a new recipe that you're thrilled to share?  How about the ways that you are freshening up your home, lifestyle, or thoughts?  It's all a result of love for yourself and those around you . . . so go ahead and add your post.  Spread the love everyone!
.
Baci e' amore (kisses and love), Roz  


Here's one way to share some blog love and etiquette:  Simply post this button or a kind link back here to tell others to share and find others to link up with!  It really does work, ya know!
.




Pin It

5 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for hosting! I'm all linked up with my Asian Glazed Chicken Thighs. Have a wonderful weekend, Candace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for hosting this event. I have linked a South Indian Idli.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Friday! LOVE your blog!

    Freebies 4 Moms
    http://casinofreebies3.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Healthy and delicious Salmon Baked in Foil with Saffron Harvest Grains.

    Thanks for hosting! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy each of your comments and reply to each, both here and on your blog directly! I hope you visit again! Grazie!